So What's, Uh, the Deal?

Welcome to my blog on James Joyce’s Ulysses. Yeah, I'm actually serious. Over the next four months I plan to finally read all of James Joyce’s Ulysses and blog about it in every way possible. Why? Because I have always wanted to read this much hyped and heralded book. Why not do so with the added support of a blog? Also, it could turn out to be kind of fun, right? RIGHT?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Full Circle

It’s interesting to note (or maybe just interesting for me to note to myself) that I have come full circle on my approach to reading this book. At first, I was determined to try and let the thing stand on its own and was consulting very little, if any, outside resources. Now I find myself seeking out and reading anything I can get my hands on, before, during, and after I read each episode. This has been working well in that, as I probably stated earlier, understanding this book without some such support is, in my humble opinion, impossible. If I were to recommend anything to anyone trying to read this thing I would tell them this.

No comments:

Post a Comment