So What's, Uh, the Deal?

Welcome to my blog on James Joyce’s Ulysses. Yeah, I'm actually serious. Over the next four months I plan to finally read all of James Joyce’s Ulysses and blog about it in every way possible. Why? Because I have always wanted to read this much hyped and heralded book. Why not do so with the added support of a blog? Also, it could turn out to be kind of fun, right? RIGHT?

Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Pregame Thoughts

So, as I prepare to begin (i.e., find time to get my lazy a - - over to the bookstore to buy the book), I figured I'd post a few “pregame” thoughts just to get into the swing of things. First off, I ran across something really interesting today, something I’m taking as a sign that this project was meant to be. Apparently, among other great and rare manuscripts and books, the Rosenbach Museum & Library in Philadelphia has in its possession a handwritten version of Ulysses. Not only that, but they have a reading group devoted to Ulysses that meets once a month, starting on Feburary 4th. This of course fits perfectly into the spirit of this whole thing so I think I’ll pay the place a visit and perhaps join this kind of scary sounding reading club.

2 comments:

  1. Did you really say February 4? Definitely a sign. XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Finally figured out how to get a picture into my profile and become an official "follower".

    ReplyDelete