So What's, Uh, the Deal?

Welcome to my blog on James Joyce’s Ulysses. Yeah, I'm actually serious. Over the next four months I plan to finally read all of James Joyce’s Ulysses and blog about it in every way possible. Why? Because I have always wanted to read this much hyped and heralded book. Why not do so with the added support of a blog? Also, it could turn out to be kind of fun, right? RIGHT?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Ulysses!

So Wikipedia tells me, right on its home page, that on this exact date, back in 1922, Ulysses was first published as a whole. To quote:

"Ulysses is a novel by Irish author James Joyce, first serialized in parts in the American journal The Little Review from March 1918 to December 1920, then published in its entirety by Sylvia Beach on February 2, 1922, in Paris."

That makes the book...hold on...20 plus 80...carry the one...divide by five...add in the two...subtract by another five...to get...88 "published" years old today!

1 comment: