So What's, Uh, the Deal?

Welcome to my blog on James Joyce’s Ulysses. Yeah, I'm actually serious. Over the next four months I plan to finally read all of James Joyce’s Ulysses and blog about it in every way possible. Why? Because I have always wanted to read this much hyped and heralded book. Why not do so with the added support of a blog? Also, it could turn out to be kind of fun, right? RIGHT?

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reading in Public

As you may or may not know, I like to go out and read from time to time. Starbucks. The local library. A bar. My latest favorite is an Irish joint down the road that serves expertly poured Guinness pints. So, I have gone there to read Ulysses as I have gone there to read many books (side note: they actually have a copy of Ulysses sitting in a little decorative library next to the bar. I should have just borrowed that one). However, I am starting to be very self-conscious and am battling a growing terror at being discovered reading Ulysses in an Irish bar sipping a Guinness. Seriously. It just seems so...lame, ya know? To remedy this, I have removed the dust jacket cover of the book to better hide its identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment