So What's, Uh, the Deal?

Welcome to my blog on James Joyce’s Ulysses. Yeah, I'm actually serious. Over the next four months I plan to finally read all of James Joyce’s Ulysses and blog about it in every way possible. Why? Because I have always wanted to read this much hyped and heralded book. Why not do so with the added support of a blog? Also, it could turn out to be kind of fun, right? RIGHT?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Party Time in the Maternity Hospital

Episode 14 takes place in a maternity hospital, but not where you may think (i.e., in the maternity ward). It actually takes place outside the ward, amongst a group of drunken medical students discussing all sorts of off-color, bawdy topics while a woman who has been in labor for three days attempts to give birth. This just strikes me as odd, setting a party in a maternity hospital. Obviously there is much more going on here than drunken revelry and births.

No comments:

Post a Comment